The only way to defend the people of Barnet from self serving politicians is to give power back to the people.
- Residents should have veto power over any council action that affects them in local polls.
- Residents should be able to trigger a council election through a petition.
- Residents should be able to propose binding policy decisions on the council.
- There should be no raising of any council raised tax without a public vote including but not limited to: council tax, parking charges, parking fines & other council issued fines.
- Residents should have the power to veto any privatising proposals and all contracts should be subject to a review by poll every 2 years minimum.
- Councillors should not be able to increase their pay or any other benefits without residents consent through a poll.
Do you like this suggestion?